While having a really rough pregnancy, I left the task of finding a car seat and stroller to my husband. My only requirements were that it needed to be light, easy to carry, and easily adjustable as the baby grows. My husband took that and ran with it. I would find him up in the middle of the night comparing different strollers. And after many sleepless nights we landed on the Nuna Baby Pipa Lite RX. It was backordered at the time and took us a while to get the stroller. However, when it finally arrived I fell in love with it. We have been using it for 9 months now and I have some pros and cons of the Nuna car seat and stroller.
What is the average cost?
NUNA BABY PIPA LITE RX Car Seat & MIXX NEXT Stroller System: $1129-1299 Depending on the retailer
PIPA™ RX Car Seat: $499.95
MIXX™ NEXT Stroller: $799.9
Where can you find Nuna Baby Pipa Lite RX Car Seat and Stroller?
What are the Pros?
- It is one of the lightest infant carseat, weighing in at 6.9 lbs.
- It comes with a “Sky Drape” that shields baby from the weather and sun. No need to purchase a separate car seat cover.
- Easy to adjust the straps and headrest as the baby grows.
- The stroller is extremely easy to fold and unfold. It does require two hands, no accidentally collapsing the stroller.
- Car seat can be used for babies weighing 4-32 lbs. and up to 32 in.
- Sturdy. The stroller is extremely sturdy even when empty.
- Stroller converts to a toddler stroller once baby outgrows the infant carseat.
- Magnets on the side that holds straps in place while putting baby in carseat.
What are the Cons?
- Difficulty putting in a small trunk due to the wheels locking in place and being unable to adjust.
- If you are use to strollers coming with accessories then this is not for you. We purchased a cup holder for $25 after purchasing the stroller.
- The price of the car seat and stroller is definitely an investment.
- It takes up a lot of room in a compact car. We are unable to sit in the passenger seat with the car seat in the back.
Do you have some car seat and stroller must-haves? Also check out my other Mom Life posts.